Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London. Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced recent strong growth in our business of 30% or more each year.
A rising number of the world’s most recognized nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their digital fundraising, advocacy, email marketing, peer-to-peer, events and overall data management. These inspiring nonprofit organizations include Human Rights Campaign, PETA, Amnesty International USA, National Wildlife Federation, Ocean Conservancy, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society International, The Pew Charitable Trusts, Greenpeace (across 30+ countries), International Medical Corps, National Park Foundation, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, SOS Children’s Villages USA, Unicef Canada and Canadian Red Cross, just to name a few.
We are seeking to hire an Account Services Manager to join our growing team based in our Washington, DC office. This is a full-time position, and will include occasional travel in the USA and Canada.
The experience that nonprofits have when they adopt and use the Engaging Networks platform is vital to retaining and building long-term relationships with our clients. We need an active and enterprising addition to our team who will make sure that the answer to all of the questions below is a resounding “yes.”
Do clients know how to “get the most out of Engaging Networks”?
Was the client’s on-boarding project executed on time?
Do clients know about what our Account Services and Client Support teams can help them accomplish, using our tools?
Do clients know about the upcoming release of new products and features?
Do clients know how other clients are achieving success using our tools?
Do clients understand that we welcome and value their feedback, to help us constantly make our platform even better?
Making sure that our clients are actively engaged — and using our technology successfully — helps us to generate more sales through referrals, and makes the job of our technology team easier by managing client expectations effectively. Engaging with clients also contributes mightily to our ability to continuously improve our software and technical support. We seek an Account Services Manager who will grasp the major role that they will play for us, both to retain current clients and help attract new ones.
- Reach out to, and maintain regular contact with, our U.S. and Canadian clients, to build relationships, manage expectations, encourage feedback, and maximize the use of the Engaging Networks toolset.
- Manage client communications (e.g. write email alerts, blog posts and one-pagers), curate our client listserv and provide timely reminders to clients at subscription renewal times
- Project-manage the step-by-step on-boarding (migration) of new clients to our platform, with support from our Client Support team, and by working closely with clients and any agencies that they may include in the process
- Maintain and update the weekly “hot list” of client issues that are currently being addressed, monitoring and ensuring that steps are taken to resolve issues, and to keep clients informed via frequent status reports
- Monitor activity levels in our client accounts, to identify those clients who are not taking full advantage of our software, and who would benefit from engaging with our team or with our help resources, including customized training and webinars
- Contribute to developing client support materials
- Help to collect, interpret and anticipate client suggestions for improving and developing our software platform, to benefit our entire client community
- Identify and communicate client successes to other clients, spreading best practices and helping to create case studies for use in account management, sales and marketing
- Provide occasional informal training to clients as needed, in person and remotely, to supplement the formal training provided by our Client Support team and/or available through our online Academy learning platform
- Contribute to the success of our annual client community conference, by playing a role in organizing and handling logistics, by helping to shape the agenda, by providing content, and by participating in sessions
- Help organize additional events for our clients, to foster a vibrant community of practice and peer-to-peer support, with sharing of tips and best practices
- Participate in major nonprofit sector events, to meet and network with our clients and partners
- Support our partner program by strengthening our relationships with web development firms, consulting agencies, technology firms and other partners
- Other duties as assigned
As a fast growing company, we will have opportunities for your further career growth as the company expands, and as you demonstrate the value of your work. As growth in our client base continues, we fully expect to grow the Account Services team. We are committed to professional development for everyone at Engaging Networks.
Engaging Networks is a dynamic business. Everyone on the team supports our entrepreneurial approach to meeting company objectives. This means helping and supporting the work of others, and recognizing that hard work is an essential ingredient to our success. It also means showing energy and initiative. Additional specific requirements are listed below.
- At least three years of experience and achievement working in the nonprofit technology sector, in a project management or relationship/account management role
- Digital Project Management Experience
- Strong listening skills, maturity and empathy for others – a high “EQ”
- The ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
- Translating “geek-speak” for a non-technical audience
- Proven ability as an analytical problem solver
- Highly organized, and able to juggle multiple projects with minimal oversight
- Enthusiasm for the Internet, technology and the nonprofit community
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for being part of a high performing team
Additional Skills and Experience Desired
We especially encourage candidates who have the potential to increase their level of responsibility, and the ambition to grow professionally as our company grows. The ideal Account Services Manager will have advanced project management skills to help us with more complicated client migrations to the Engaging Networks platform. Each of the following qualifications is not required but is a definite “plus”:
- Established network in the nonprofit sector
- Experience with eCRM and digital engagement software tools — either Engaging Networks or a similar platform — is a significant plus.
- French language proficiency
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of RACI or other project management solutions
Compensation is $75,000 or more, depending on experience and proven abilities. Engaging Networks also offers an ample benefits plan, vacation and paid parental leave.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
Please email your resume, and a message that addresses why you are a good fit with this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Account Services Manager, North America” in the subject line.