Come Work with us!
We are seeking talented, creative and experienced people to join our growing team! If you want to use your tech expertise to help world-renowned nonprofits advance their missions, this may be the place for you. We serve clients around the world and offices located in Washington, D.C., the San Francisco Bay area and London.
Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Engaging Networks
Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London. Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced recent strong growth in our business of 30% or more each year.
A rising number of the world’s most recognized nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their digital fundraising, advocacy, email marketing, peer-to-peer, events and overall data management. These inspiring nonprofit organizations include Human Rights Campaign, PETA, Amnesty International USA, National Wildlife Federation, Ocean Conservancy, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society International, WETA, Greenpeace (across 30+ countries), International Medical Corps, National Park Foundation, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Unicef Canada and Canadian Red Cross, just to name a few.
Engaging Networks is a fast-growing, global software company with main offices in Washington, DC and London, and with team members based in Toronto, Boston, San Francisco, Perth, Australia and other locations. Our team is excited about what we’re achieving together as an independent, values-driven company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced recent strong growth in our business averaging 30% or more each year, and excellent client retention.
A growing number of the world’s most respected nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their online fundraising, advocacy, digital marketing, peer-to-peer, events, membership, e-commerce and data management. These inspiring organizations include Amnesty International, Human Rights Campaign, PETA, Oceana, Humane Society of the United States, The Nature Conservancy, National Wildlife Federation, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, National Geographic Society, Greenpeace (across 30 countries), Human Rights Watch, Ocean Conservancy, International Medical Corps, American University, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Center for American Progress, Canadian Red Cross, UNICEF Canada and Cancer Research UK — just to name a few.
We seek a seasoned business development professional with nonprofit sector experience to serve as our first ever Director of Partnerships, to grow our accredited partner network, and maximize the value and effectiveness of our partnership activities. This role initially will be part-time, working 2-3 days per week, but will evolve into a full-time role in future. The Director will create and develop systems to measure partner performance, coordinate partner communications across our team, and take the lead in building strong 2-way relationships with our partners.
Our partner program over the years has driven great results for Engaging Networks and for our nonprofit clients. As a company focused solely on building and supporting great software, Engaging Networks does not provide consulting services of our own — beyond our highly responsive, personal technical support and our pro-active, strategic account management. Instead, we rely on our network of accredited partners to provide more in-depth consulting services, thereby rounding out the “ecosystem” of tools and services that many nonprofit clients seek. Most of our accredited partners are web development agencies and consulting firms. But our community also includes technology partners that integrate external tools and databases with our platform. Our partners drive qualified inbound client referrals, extend the value of our tools to our clients, give us insightful product feedback and intelligence, and serve as force multipliers in a competitive marketplace. Engaging Networks desires to develop better systems, and redouble our efforts, to maximize the benefits of these vital partner relationships for our company, our partners, and for the clients and causes that they serve.
The Director will focus mainly on increasing our revenue and client base by empowering our partners to serve as product experts and ambassadors for Engaging Networks. This will include nurturing our existing network of nearly 40 accredited partners through consistent communication, and by helping to strategically grow this network. The Director also will help spur our product innovation by seeking and translating partners’ feedback, and by helping our partners to stay up-to-date in their understanding of our constantly improving tools.
The Director of Partnerships will do all of the following:
- Establish criteria for partner fit and performance, and regularly evaluate partnerships.
- Set up systems to coordinate communications with partners and track vital business information – especially inbound and outbound referrals.
- Capture revenue-related partner performance information and track in our internal systems.
- Help provide updated product information to partners, and arrange periodic software demo’s for partners.
- Establish cultivation paths for core categories of partner relationships, including agencies that help clients in software migrations and by building sites and web pages for them, fundraising and advocacy strategy consultants, data integration partners, systems analysts and industry influencers.
- Ensure that we are kept up to date about any significant new developments in our partners’ businesses.
- Plan and help curate partner calls and events, such as our annual Partner Day events, that enable partners to share ideas with us and with each other.
- Coordinate partner-related activities with our Sales, Marketing, Account Services, Client Support, Product Communications and other personnel. This will include coordinating with…
- our Marketing Director to explore opportunities to engage in co-marketing with our partners (e.g. webinars, content pieces, conference sessions).
- our Product Communications Manager to ensure that we obtain ongoing feedback from partners to inform our product development.
- our Account Services and Client Support teams, who are often asked to refer partners to those clients who need help in using our tools.
- our Sales team to identify opportunities for partners to introduce their clients to Engaging Networks – and for our team members to reciprocate, by connecting partners to our prospects seeking help.
- our Director of Online Learning, who manages our partner accreditation program and the partner contracting process.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be an organized person who takes initiative, with a record of sustained success in nonprofit sector business development. She or he will be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an entrepreneurial technology company with a rapidly expanding customer base. Prior experience at an agency serving nonprofits – and/or experience at a nonprofit, with responsibility for managing relationships with such agencies – is highly prized.
She or he also will have:
- A network of contacts — preferably senior-level – in the nonprofit sector
- Bachelor’s degree, or an offsetting level of highly successful work experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially active listening skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presenting skills, and the ability to explain technology in plain language
- A reputation for hard work, reliability and focus on achieving results
- Genuine excitement about technology, the Internet and nonprofit causes
- Familiarity with using Salesforce software to manage contacts is a plus
Compensation is competitive for this position, and will depend partly on qualifications and experience.
Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
Please email your resume, and a message that specifically addresses why you are right for this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Partnerships Director” in the subject line.