Come Work with us!
We are seeking talented, creative and experienced people to join our growing team! If you want to use your tech expertise to help world-renowned nonprofits advance their missions, this may be the place for you. We serve clients around the world and offices located in Washington, D.C., the San Francisco Bay area and London.
Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Engaging Networks
Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London. Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced recent strong growth in our business of 30% or more each year.
A rising number of the world’s most recognized nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their digital fundraising, advocacy, email marketing, peer-to-peer, events and overall data management. These inspiring nonprofit organizations include Human Rights Campaign, PETA, Amnesty International USA, National Wildlife Federation, Ocean Conservancy, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society International, The Pew Charitable Trusts, Greenpeace (across 30+ countries), International Medical Corps, National Park Foundation, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, SOS Children’s Villages USA, Unicef Canada and Canadian Red Cross, just to name a few.
We seek an experienced Director of Business Development, preferably based in Washington, DC, to help lead our sales activities with large and mid-sized nonprofits in the USA and Canada. Building on our reputation for powerful, flexible software and exceptional technical support, the successful candidate will help take our sales to the next level. We are seeking a rising star with high potential – along with skills, passion and a strategic approach to introducing our valuable tools to nonprofits. The candidate will work closely with other members of our sales and marketing team to raise awareness of Engaging Networks among the growing number of nonprofits that are seeking better software, and among the community of web development agencies and consulting firms that regularly refer to us many of our most qualified inbound prospects. This role is for a commissioned, quota-carrying individual contributor.
The Director will have a solid understanding of the ways that nonprofits use digital technology to engage in targeted, personalized ways with their donors and supporters. The ideal director will already have a network of contacts and a record of success in the nonprofit sector. Previous work within a nonprofit, in a fundraising, advocacy or communications capacity, and/or prior work as a consultant to nonprofits, is a significant advantage.
The Director of Business Development will do all of the following:
- Prospect creatively and energetically for new clients, using email, telephone and other means, including face-to-face networking
- Respond quickly and professionally to the inbound leads that are assigned to you, using a consultative approach to diagnose a prospect’s needs and tailor an effective solution from our toolset
- Schedule and coordinate product demo’s with clients, in consultation with our Sales Engineers
- Develop strategic plans to win individual key accounts, and to deepen our penetration of key nonprofit sector verticals
- Position Engaging Networks effectively as a powerful solution for nonprofit organizations
- Suggest and help to further develop our sales and marketing tools and processes, to further boost our sales results.
- Build relationships with prospects and clients, serving as a trusted advisor and referring them to partners that provide complementary offerings
- Build strong relationships with agency and technology partners, to create mutual opportunities and increase the flow of inbound referrals
- Represent Engaging Networks to clients and prospects via participating in nonprofit sector events, such as conferences, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Serve as a primary co-author, along with the Sales Engineer, of our Engaging Networks responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s)
- Help management to set ambitious but realistic sales quotas — and then meet or exceed those quotas
- Provide timely sales forecasts and status reports
- Track key sales metrics, while adding data about prospects and clients to our contacts database, and provide regular updates to our leadership team
- Work with our Marketing team to ensure consistent lead generation via our website, online advertising and social media; participate in occasional content marketing campaigns
- Continually educate yourself about digital fundraising and advocacy best practices in the nonprofit sector, and about our constantly improving software
- Travel as needed in the USA and Canada
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must be organized and self-motivated, with a proven track record of at least two years in technology sales, or a related role, and preferably in the nonprofit sector. She or he will be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an entrepreneurial technology company with a rapidly expanding customer base.
She or he also will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or an offsetting high level of work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great presenting skills, and the ability to explain technology in plain language
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting (experience with Salesforce is a plus)
- A reputation for hard work, reliability and tenacity to achieve goals
- Genuine excitement about technology, the Internet and nonprofit causes
Compensation is competitive for this position (depending on qualifications and experience). It will include base salary plus sales commission-based income. There is effectively no upper limit on potential compensation for this key role.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
Please email your resume, and a message that specifically addresses why you are right for this opportunity, to email@example.com. Please specify “Business Development” in the subject line.
We are seeking to hire an Account Services Manager to join our growing team based in our Washington, DC office. This is a full-time position, and will include occasional travel in the USA and Canada.
The experience that nonprofits have when they adopt and use the Engaging Networks platform is vital to retaining and building long-term relationships with our clients. We need an active and enterprising addition to our team who will make sure that the answer to all of the questions below is a resounding “yes.”
- Do clients know how to “get the most out of Engaging Networks”?
- Was the client’s on-boarding project executed on time?
- Do clients know about what our Account Services and Client Support teams can help them accomplish, using our tools?
- Do clients know about the upcoming release of new products and features?
- Do clients know how other clients are achieving success using our tools?
- Do clients understand that we welcome and value their feedback, to help us constantly make our platform even better?
Making sure that our clients are actively engaged — and using our technology successfully — helps us to generate more sales through referrals, and makes the job of our technology team easier by managing client expectations effectively. Engaging with clients also contributes mightily to our ability to continuously improve our software and technical support. We seek an Account Services Manager who will grasp the major role that they will play for us, both to retain current clients and help attract new ones.
The Account Services Manager will do all of the following:
- Reach out to, and maintain regular contact with, our U.S. and Canadian clients, to build relationships, manage expectations, encourage feedback, and maximize the use of the Engaging Networks toolset.
- Manage client communications (e.g. write email alerts, blog posts and one-pagers), curate our client listserv and provide timely reminders to clients at subscription renewal times
- Project-manage the step-by-step on-boarding (migration) of new clients to our platform, with support from our Client Support team, and by working closely with clients and any agencies that they may include in the process
- Maintain and update the weekly “hot list” of client issues that are currently being addressed, monitoring and ensuring that steps are taken to resolve issues, and to keep clients informed via frequent status reports
- Monitor activity levels in our client accounts, to identify those clients who are not taking full advantage of our software, and who would benefit from engaging with our team or with our help resources, including customized training and webinars
- Contribute to developing client support materials
- Help to collect, interpret and anticipate client suggestions for improving and developing our software platform, to benefit our entire client community
- Identify and communicate client successes to other clients, spreading best practices and and helping to create case studies for use in account management, sales and marketing
- Provide occasional informal training to clients as needed, in person and remotely, to supplement the formal training provided by our Client Support team and/or available through our online Academy learning platform
- Contribute to the success of our annual client community conference, by playing a role in organizing and handling logistics, by helping to shape the agenda, by providing content, and by participating in sessions
- Help organize additional events for our clients, to foster a vibrant community of practice and peer-to-peer support, with sharing of tips and best practices
- Participate in major nonprofit sector events, to meet and network with our clients and partners
- Support our partner program by strengthening our relationships with web development firms, consulting agencies, technology firms and other partners
- Other duties as assigned
As a fast growing company, we will have opportunities for your further career growth as the company expands, and as you demonstrate the value of your work. As growth in our client base continues, we fully expect to grow the Account Services team. We are committed to professional development for everyone at Engaging Networks.
- At least three years of experience and achievement working in the nonprofit technology sector, in a project management or relationship/account management role
- Strong listening skills, maturity and empathy for others – a high “EQ”
- The ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
- Translating “geek-speak” for a non-technical audience
- Experience with successful project management
- Proven ability as an analytical problem solver
- Highly organized, and able to juggle multiple projects with minimal oversight
- Enthusiasm for the Internet, technology and the nonprofit community
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for being part of a high performing team
- Established network in the nonprofit sector
- Experience with eCRM and digital engagement software tools — either Engaging Networks or a similar platform — is a significant plus.
- French language proficiency
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
Compensation is $60,000 or more, depending on experience and proven abilities. Engaging Networks also offers an ample benefits plan, vacation and paid parental leave.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
Please email your resume, and a message that addresses why you are a good fit with this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Account Services Manager, North America” in the subject line.