Scattered Data Is Bad Data
A big problem for nonprofits is that you have lots of data on your supporter – but it’s all stored in different places. The upshot is that you can quickly lose your donor by treating them like a newbie when in fact they have been giving to you for years. All because your online fundraising database doesn’t talk to your offline database.
Get It All In One Place
To ensure the loyalty of your supporters, it’s vital to join up data from your different systems. You can achieve this either by exporting and importing spreadsheet files (CSV / Excel), using XML or with our API (Application Programming Interface). We have three integrations with external databases: Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, ROI Solutions and Portfolio. To find out more about these integrations, please click here.
Use Our API To Do This
The Engaging Networks API allows you to automatically transfer data back and forth, provided your existing database can make a secure online connection. You can customize the structure of your data so that this is as easy as possible.
In more detail:
- Our RESTful web service enables you to pull transactional data from our servers (daily, weekly, etc)
- The Engaging Networks platform validates the request with a private token for security
- Data is available for all transaction types (broadcast email response, donation, advocacy action and so on)
- A column identifies the 'transaction type' – this allows you to parse the data because we use a consistent format
- You can customize the file format and sequence of the constituent data (either XML or CSV)
- You can match imported data by email address and a second primary key field (external database constituent ID, for example)
- Also create and save import formats to save time on future imports
- For automatic imports, the system pushes data to a secure URL where the records are imported into your account
- We check the private token and import format before importing
- You can download the import job results
- The same process can be done manually
- Import both constituent and transactional data
- Associate import records with a segment or appeal code – this allows you to use the same profiling and list building features for legacy supporters as you do for new ones
We’ll Tweak It For You
Using several different sources? You can have more than one custom import format. Have a unique set-up? We can tailor the system for you.