Best-in-class Email Tools
Engaging Networks offers a full-featured platform enabling sophisticated fundraising, advocacy, peer-to-peer fundraising, email marketing, data management and event tools, along with extensive reporting features. Our platform allows you to make your emails and campaign pages look and behave exactly the way you want, through easy-to-use, out-of-the-box tools.
Our Email module has all the features you want
- easy-to-use – intuitive user interface for the non-technical staffer
- free, completely customizable templates built into the software, or you can easily create your own
- quick – create an email in a matter of minutes
- customizable – design unlimited templates to match your site or campaigns
- unlimited lists and groups
- unlimited image and file storage
- built-in email engagement scoring module
- built-in marketing automation using drag-and-drop technology
- the capability to send up to 10,000 emails a minute, with no limit on volume
- create your emails in ANY language
- create email triggers and automated welcomes series
- embed your sign up forms in your website using widgets
- seamless integration with other modules and social media
- segmentation – easy split-testing and geo-targeting options
- CSS and HTML options – complete control for your in-house tech team
- permissions – offer different privileges for different users
- mobile-friendly, right out of the box
- robust reporting
You can ease the lift of your team while also very accurately targeting your supporters with our action based marketing automation. It’s easy to set up and you can check on progress with our reporting tools. Start with a welcome series or recurring gift renewal reminder or – like some of our clients – build advanced marketing automation flows with hundreds of emails.
In 2016, Engaging Networks released powerful new Marketing Automation tools. Marketing Automation allows the user to create non-linear workflows to better engage supporters and reduce the amount of time team members need to spend emailing (e.g. a sophisticated welcome series). In-depth statistics provide an overlay to the workflow, to create a powerful visual understanding of the data. The percentage and raw number of supporters reaching each workflow goal is presented at each decision point.
“Email Engagement Scoring” assigns each of your opted-in supporters a number (1-11) based on their interaction with your email blasts over the past 12 months. This is an automatic process that updates each month. You can view and utilize the engagement scoring data in your account in a few areas.
Email Overview Reporting
When you go to the reporting dashboard you will see a single pie graph with the distribution of your supporters into each score 1-11. You can also view the total count of records for each of the 11 categories here. This month’s score represents the engagement of your supporters over the past 12 months (from the current month). It looks at supporters who are opted in (i.e. have a value of Y) against one or more of your opt-in questions.
Email engagement scores will also be available for you to use in building profiles. Now you can create a profile for your inactive records and send out targeted emails only to them. Email Engagement Scores can also be combined with other filters to build even more targeted messaging based on a supporter’s previous interests, for example. If you want a range of scores you can use the greater than and less than filters, to include several scores at once. For example, “More than 6” will select supporters with scores 7 and above.
You can view a supporter’s engagement score by locating their record under “Manage Supporters” and clicking on the “Email Activity” tab of the “Activity Summary” gadget.
Types of Email
Our email module provides sophisticated tools to create content, test your messages, select your audience, schedule delivery, and analyze reports. The process for building and designing emails uses a WYSIWYG editor with user-friendly icons allowing for a wide variety of styles, colors, formats, fonts and content, and for the more advanced tech users, easy access to the HTML code. As with all of our tools, emails can support any language, an intuitive interface that makes testing, personalization and conditional content easy to create, supported lifecycle management, personalized/automated targeting, and advanced tracking. We provide many tools to engage your supporters, which include:
Broadcast email – allows for four types of email messages:
- Single – all supporters get the same content. This is great for newsletters.
- Split test – determine the content, subject lines and other attributes that deliver the highest engagement of your subscribers.
- Conditional – use profiles to create complex, unique segments of your supporter lists and deliver unique messages to each profile.
- Split test conditional – split test conditional content to determine which is the best version to deliver to each profile (segment)
Autoresponder emails – are delivered from any form you create. The content you include in these email messages can thank donors or could lead to the next action by your supporter.
Split-testing features provide far more than simple A/B testing. You can:
- Test as many splits as you like – A, B, C, D, etc.
- Select the percent of your list to receive the tests – if you select 20% of your list, a random 10% will receive A and a random 10% will receive B.
- We score the test results, then you can declare the winner and send the winning version to the balance of the list. You can do this manually by clicking a button, or set for us to send the winner automatically.
- You can run conditional split tests that can show you the results for each individual profile that you choose to test. This way, you don’t just find out which test email (e.g. Version “B”) was the overall “winner” across your whole list. You also find out which version(s) performed best among your High Dollar donors, etc. Maybe Version B did great overall, but it performed badly with your High Dollar donors. If so, you need to know that, and our tools allow you to discover this.
- Easily copy the content for each additional split test from the previous message.
- You can conduct multivariate tests based on email subject line, email sender, and on any content in the body of the email including HTML formatting, images, text, etc.
- Content can be customized and saved for re-use. A search box allows you to easily find previous email content.
- Your choice of three editors to access rich text, advanced HTML and plain text.
- You can merge any supporter field into the subject line or body of the email message.
- Links to Engaging Networks pages can include tracking parameters that identify the email as the source.
- Links can specify to which page of a multi-page form the user is directed.
- Social share and like buttons can be easily inserted in the body of the email.
- You can specify the social share text and image without having to write code!
- HTML from services like Litmus or Email on Acid can be easily added.
- Preview your responsive email message on a variety of screen sizes and formats like desktop, tablets and smartphones.
- Send test messages to select users which included merged fields to fully evaluate design and personalization.
- Perform split testing with multiple variables to evaluate best performing messages with random samples of your audience. Or perform split testing across segments of your list to determine the best performing message for each profile.
- Opt-in questions make for an easy selection of a subscription list, like a newsletter or area of interest. You have an unlimited number of custom opt in questions available.
- Our Query Builder allows you to create very specific queries to define your audience.
- Query for specific values in all database fields, custom questions and opt-ins; profiles; supporter activities (e.g. made a gift; took an action; registered for a peer-to-peer event); and tracking parameters.
- Specify date ranges for all prior activities that are being queried.
- Any previously saved query can be reused for another email campaign.
- Those who received a previous email can easily be suppressed from a reminder email.
- Schedule campaign delivery for a future date and time.
- Automate delivery of best performing split test messages.
- Supporter lists are sorted by email engagement scoring to place your most engaged supporters at the beginning of deliveries to email service providers.
- This improves inbox delivery to service like Gmail.
- New clients share sending IP addresses to establish email sender reputation.
- Depending on supporter list size, clients receive reserved IP addresses.
- Engaging Networks Service Level Agreement specifies an email delivery rate of 400,000 messages per client per hour.
- Each campaign tracks and displays open, clicks and conversions in tabular and graphical reports.
- Aggregate reporting provides reporting across campaigns, to assess list performance.
- Attributes categorized email campaigns by purpose, topic or other criteria to assess performance within these groups.
- Each broadcast email writes a data transaction to each recipient’s supporter record. This transaction updates as the recipient opens, clicks or converts the email.
- Transactions can be exported from Engaging Networks and imported into a database of record.
Segmentation is sophisticated and easy to use — constituents can be segmented into profiles based on their past giving, which can be based on cumulative giving over a specific time period, or on giving to specific campaigns. Each profile included in a broadcast email can be presented with a different ask string. Pages (donation, advocacy, event and/or peer-to-peer campaigns) can include custom content (e.g. the default value in the asking string on a donation page) that is tailored to each recipient based on their profile. Pages can include any number of fields and can accommodate a wide range of HTML formats. You can add “dynamic behavior” to forms so that donor inputs into a form field can automatically change other form field values displayed in the same form, or even make other form fields appear or disappear.
With a release cycle of every 6-8 weeks, our list of features will continue to grow.
To see how our email module has helped nonprofits just like yours increase open, click-thru and conversion rates, check out our case studies.