The genesis of the ‘Hub’, as we call it, was the practical need to create a website where supporters could self-manage things like recurring donations and their contact information. As we started to plan this new technology it was clear that the Hub could serve as a much broader space to engage supporters. Once a supporter is logged into the Hub, they will have access to customizable gadgets, each providing access to unique content and functions:
- a summary display of a supporter’s involvement (donations, advocacy, events, and so on)
- a summary of the outcomes of advocacy campaigns that supporters have joined or programs they have help to fund
- functions to upgrade recurring donations, download tax receipts, change a credit card used for processing donations, and update the constituent record, etc.
- a gamified score to encourage supporters to reach higher levels of engagement
- suggested next actions tailored to the personal profile of each supporter
The content will auto-populate based on the profile of each supporter. We have also come up with a sophisticated design that works with mobile devices and avoids complicated navigation for the supporter. Each function will be presented as a gadget on the home page allowing for custom design focusing on the use of images to draw supporters in.
Clients determine what functions are included in the hub, and clients will control the HTML template. The static content within each gadget (as opposed to the auto-populated content) will be added in the account dashboard leveraging the user-friendly page-builder technology we released in 2016. We are very excited about the potential of this new technology to really engage supporters and increase retention.
Thanks to the Hub, supporters can:
- Participate in new actions;
- View past advocacy action and outcomes;
- Upgrade from a one-time to monthly donor;
- Increase their monthly giving amount;
- Update their credit card information;
- Update personal details, such as email or mailing address; and
- Update communication preferences
We will continue to add new features and functionality to the Hub in future releases.