Compassion in World Farming was founded in 1967 by a British farmer, who was horrified at the development of intensive factory farming. Compassion has been the voice of farm animals, working on behalf of everyone who wants to see an end to factory farming cruelty.
By working in partnership with inspirational supporters, progressive policy makers and visionary companies, they are mobilising a movement for far-reaching change in farming that can feed the world and will improve the quality of life for billions of farm animals.
Compassion identified a need for a single CRM system to enable them to grow into new markets and new functions, but also retain control and ownership of all data at a central level. It was vital that this CRM easily integrate with the Engaging Networks online advocacy and email platform used by the UK, France, Netherlands, Poland and Italy offices.
Compassion selected Salesforce and the Non Profit Starter pack (NPSP) and chose Giveclarity to handle the integration. Giveclarity is a Salesforce Registered Consulting Partner for non-profits using Salesforce.com. They specialise in helping charities, social enterprises and non-profit organisations succeed.
A seamless integration between Salesforce and Engaging Networks was important for three reasons:
- It allows Compassion to provide an online advocacy system for each office, which is centrally managed
- It provides an excellent platform for advocacy work
- All online fundraising in overseas offices is done via Engaging Networks
Now, Compassion is able to “personalise” communications rather than just segment data and evaluate supporters’ engagement with Compassion based on non-financial criteria as well as RFV. Other benefits include:
- Engaging Networks and Salesforce are synced every night, with minimal manual intervention – this previously took many steps and many days, and was rapidly out of date
- Single and repeat credit card donations (and soon Direct Debits in NL) are automatically created against supporter records in Salesforce
- Able to see that supporters are opted in to multiple countries email lists – much easier to identify highly active and motivated supporters; supporters can give much more than money; a much more accurate and complete picture of engagement
- Able to see that other contacts who have opted into emails, and have taken online actions – now know what they are seeing and when they are responding
- Able to “push” information back to Salesforce, such as donor type and last donation date, so it can be used to segment and target emails
To get involved with Compassion in World Farming, visit their website at ciwf.org.uk