Come Work with us!
We are seeking talented, creative and experienced people to join our growing team! If you want to use your tech expertise to help world-renowned nonprofits advance their missions, this may be the place for you. We serve clients around the world and offices located in Washington, D.C., the San Francisco Bay area and London.
Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Engaging Networks
Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London. Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced recent strong growth in our business of 30% or more each year.
A rising number of the world’s most recognized nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their digital fundraising, advocacy, email marketing, peer-to-peer, events and overall data management. These inspiring nonprofit organizations include Human Rights Campaign, PETA, Amnesty International USA, National Wildlife Federation, Ocean Conservancy, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society International, WETA, Greenpeace (across 30+ countries), International Medical Corps, National Park Foundation, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Unicef Canada and Canadian Red Cross, just to name a few.
We seek an experienced operations engineer to help our team manage and support the Engaging Networks technology platform. We are looking for someone who can take responsibility for our systems and infrastructure, and help us continue scaling up at a time of strong growth in our business.
The ideal engineer is a team player, yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment, and has a solid understanding of the work needed to support a software platform.
- Setup and deploy Java applications (both web & standalone) across multiple data centers and servers
- Automate deployment of these applications as part of continuous delivery
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains; you will participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Manage PowerMTA mail servers and monitor performance, reputation score and mail routing
- Collaborate with PCI compliance consultants to ensure that compliance scanning tools and results reviews are completed regularly
- Actively participate in team activities, including suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Help solve business needs using technology, by evaluating various technology options and vendor products
- You must be available off hours at times, to monitor and help ensure the success of server management and software installs/updates
- At least three years of solid experience working as an operations engineer in a 24×7 uptime environment
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, continuous integration/delivery
- Solid understanding of deploying Java applications, JVM memory management, and Java applications servers (specifically Wildfly)
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, and Oracle databases
- A comfort level with Agile methodologies, and with working very closely with the development team
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues, ranging from load balancer/DNS issues to application stack traces
- Compensation is competitive for this position, and depends on qualifications and experience. Engaging Networks also provides a competitive employee benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation, health and dental coverage, a vision plan and a 401K plan with employer matching.
- Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants. Candidates must be legally able to work in the USA and maintain proper work authorization throughout their employment.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Engaging Networks.
Please email your resume, and a message that specifically addresses why you are right for this opportunity, to email@example.com. Please include “IT Operations Engineer” in the subject line.