We are hiring a Tier 1 Client Support Specialist to join our global team. These positions will support clients globally and will work Monday through Friday (with possible and rare weekend/evening coverage) for forty (40) hours per week. Daily hours will be between 9:00AM ET and 8:00PM ET depending on coverage needs.
The role combines a diverse set of responsibilities, including: responding to client requests for help on the phone or via email; assisting new clients to get started with our software including the migration of their supporter records and setup of their Engaging Networks accounts; developing client support materials; and encouraging our client community to engage with us and with each other. We need to find someone that will work pro-actively and creatively to ensure that clients get the most out of our software. The objective of our client support is never just to answer a question, but rather to help a client solve a problem, and achieve success.
The primary day-to-day responsibilities include:
- providing telephone and email support to clients who have questions about the use of our software
- providing support for data migration from other systems
- troubleshooting for bugs and errors
- helping clients to adopt ‘best practices’ based on our extensive experience working with thousands of advocacy and fundraising campaigns
- running individual and group training sessions covering all products and services
- writing and recording support materials for posting to our community website and for integration into our software
As a fast-growing company, we will have opportunities for your further career growth as the company expands, and as you demonstrate the value of your work. As growth in our client base continues, we fully expect to grow the Client Support team. We are committed to professional development for everyone at Engaging Networks.
Engaging Networks is a dynamic business. Everyone on the team supports our entrepreneurial approach to meeting company objectives. This means helping and supporting the work of others, and acknowledging that hard work is an essential ingredient to the success of any growing business. Some of the more specific requirements are listed below.
The Client Support Specialist will need to bring a wide range of skills to the position. We are looking for someone who: has a passion for software and the Internet; is a good problem solver; has excellent interpersonal skills; is patient and empathetic toward clients; can express themselves clearly, both verbally and in writing; and is willing to take initiative.
The specific qualifications that we require are:
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong critical thinking, logical problem-solving ability, and a willingness to learn
- Ability to use and explain technology
- Experience working with nonprofits, or knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Some nice to haves:
- Proficiency in coding HTML and CSS
- Prior experience working with the Engaging Networks platform
- Previous work experience in providing tech support for a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
Engaging Networks is a fast-growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London. Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s hard work to continuously innovate, have produced recent strong growth in our business of 30% or more each year.
A rising number of the world’s most acclaimed nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their digital fundraising, advocacy, email marketing and data management. These inspiring nonprofits include Amnesty International USA, Human Rights Campaign, PETA, The UK Labour Party, RSPCA, Humane Society of the United States, Ocean Conservancy, National Wildlife Federation, Human Rights Watch, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, University of British Columbia, Canadian Red Cross, Unicef Canada, and Cancer Research UK, just to name a few.
Compensation starts at $45,000, but could be higher based on such factors as location, experience, and proven abilities.
Engaging Networks also offers an ample benefits plan, vacation, and paid parental leave, although the plan varies according to whether you are located in the USA, Canada, the UK or elsewhere.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume/CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Tier 1 Client Support Specialist”