Engaging Networks is seeking to hire an experienced operations engineer within our technology team to help manage and support the EN technology platform. We are looking for someone who can work closely with our head of IT operations to monitor, patch, update, and maintain security and compliance baselines.
The ideal engineer is a team player, yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment, andhas a solid understanding of working to support a software platform. In addition, expertise in AWS is required to help build, monitor, and scale the platform in the cloud.
- Monitor, baseline, and respond to application or infrastructure using New Relic, Data Dog, or similar applications.
- Monitor, and respond to threats using Alert Logic, AWS GuardDuty, and other SIEM applications.
- Setup, deploy, and troubleshoot distributed Java/Wildfly-based applications across AWS services and regions.
- Review and troubleshoot using Wireshark, tcpdump, Network Miner, and other network tools.
- Update and maintain access control lists using network and host-based firewalls and security groups.
- Involved in troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains comprised of multiple technologies.
- Manage PowerMTA, or similar mail servers to monitor performance, reputation score, and mail routing.
- Collaborate with audit and security specialists to ensure compliance scanning tools and result reviews are completed regularly.
- Actively participate in team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements, and conducting tool evaluations.
- At least five years of solid experience working as an operations engineer in a 24×7 production environment.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, and continuous integration/delivery.
- Knowledge in Cloud Governance, security operations, and implementations.
- Cloud computing concepts like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), DNS, CDN, Load Balancing and Auto Scaling.
- Solid experience with Linux, shell scripting, and Oracle databases.
- Experience with docker to help containerize deployments for the cloud.
- Comfortable with agile methodologies and working very closely with the development team.
- Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot facing customer-facing issues in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Must be available off-hours at times for server management and software installs/updates as well as service degradation/outage.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from load balancer/DNS issues to application stack traces.
Compensation starts at £90,000, but could be higher based on such factors as location, experience, and proven abilities. Engaging Networks also offers an ample benefits plan, vacation, and paid parental leave.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume/CV to [email protected] with the subject line “IT Operations Engineer”
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.