We’re looking for an experienced B2B Growth Marketing Director to lead our team of marketers to deliver integrated demand generation programs that drive pipeline creation and revenue growth.
Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London, as well as remote employees worldwide.
Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 500+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology.
We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced consistently strong growth in our business of 25% or more each year, for many years.
Many of the world’s most recognized charities have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated platform to power their online fundraising, advocacy campaigning, digital marketing, peer-to-peer fundraising, events, membership, symbolic giving and data management.
These inspiring organizations include PETA, Human Rights Campaign, Amnesty International, The Nature Conservancy, Oceana, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society of the United States, National Wildlife Federation, World Wildlife Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, Greenpeace (across many countries), Oxfam, International Medical Corps, National Geographic Society, Friends of the Earth, Disabled American Veterans, Cancer Research UK, the UK Labour Party and Unicef Canada, just to name a few.
As a key member of the Growth Team, the Growth Marketing Director will play a crucial role in achieving business growth, and delivering exceptional experiences through strategic marketing initiatives.
We’re looking for an experienced B2B Growth Marketing Director to lead our team of marketers (currently a Content Strategist and a Growth Strategist) to deliver integrated demand generation programs that drive pipeline creation and revenue growth.
This strategic marketing leader will be responsible for the strategy and execution of data driven marketing programs that capture and nurture marketing leads.
The Growth Marketing Director will help us scale our demand generation function at pace with our rapidly growing global audience and educate leading charities and nonprofits on what’s possible when using the Engaging Networks platform.
The ideal candidate has experience working with charities and nonprofits, is passionate about marketing tech, process, documentation, workflow improvements, and operational efficiencies, and will be able to lead a team that is supporting various initiatives happening at once.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Growth & Revenue, and requires extensive collaboration with cross functional and global teams.
The location for this role is within the Eastern time zone of the United States and candidates from outside of that time zone will not be considered.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive growth marketing strategy aligned with the company’s vision, market trends, and prospect needs.
- Maintain a feedback loop between the Business Development Directors to optimize lead generation campaigns and identify opportunities for pipeline acceleration and sales conversions.
- Lead all demand generation channels, determining the tactical mix between, integrated campaigns, digital advertising, SEO, webinars, events and social.
- Set program goals, analyze demand generation performance, draw insights and present results to facilitate data driven decisions.
CAMPAIGN ROADMAP PLANNING:
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a dynamic and prioritized marketing campaign roadmap focused on developing marketing strategies, sales enablement materials, and product-related content aligned with our prospecting strategies and targeted at the Ideal Client Profile.
- Ensure alignment and buy-in on campaign priorities by collaborating with the Growth Team and stakeholders that form the Product Comms Working Group.
- Champion a user-centric approach by conducting market research, gathering user feedback, and analyzing data to gain deep insights.
- Utilize insights to drive marketing improvements and optimize the overall user experience.
- Oversee the end-to-end marketing development lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Drive agile marketing methodologies and ensure effective communication and collaboration within the Growth Team.
- Improve operational processes and reporting related to demand generation programs to measure effectiveness, performance and ROI of marketing spend.
- Take ownership of the Engaging Networks website, ensuring its alignment with the overall brand guidelines and messaging strategy.
- Oversee website content updates, user experience improvements, and ensure that the website serves as an effective and engaging platform for visitors.
- Maintain and optimize integration between the website and key platforms such as HubSpot and Salesforce to ensure seamless data flow, lead tracking, and reporting between the website and CRM systems.
- Develop a dynamic social media marketing plan that leverages data analytics to inform content creation, platform selection, and posting schedules. Your strategy will aim to increase brand awareness, engage with our audience, and support demand generation efforts.
- Implement strategies to leverage the full capabilities of HubSpot and Salesforce for marketing automation, lead nurturing, and customer relationship management.
- Stay informed about industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify market opportunities and inform marketing strategy.
- Work with the Senior Business Development Director – Market Expansion and the Principal Solutions Architect to identify opportunities for marketing enhancements, new feature development, and expansion into new markets or verticals.
VALUE PROPOSITION AND MESSAGING:
- Define and articulate the unique value proposition of Engaging Networks’ offerings.
- Lead the expansion and refinement of Engaging Networks’ brand guidelines to ensure a comprehensive and up-to-date framework for consistent branding across all touchpoints and integrate the brand guidelines into all marketing materials, ensuring a cohesive visual identity.
- Develop a comprehensive messaging playbook that encompasses key brand messages, tone of voice guidelines, and communication best practices and implement strategies to disseminate the messaging playbook across the organization, providing training and resources to all employees.
- Foster a culture of consistent messaging by conducting workshops, webinars, or training sessions to educate employees on the importance of maintaining a unified narrative.
- Collaborate with Growth and Global Client Success Teams to develop effective messaging and positioning for target prospects.
Team Management Responsibilities
- LEADERSHIP: Keep building the Growth Marketing Team (currently a Content Strategist and a Growth Strategist), providing strong leadership (especially by example), accountability, support, inspiration and talent development – to achieve the team’s full potential. Reinforce our company culture and reputation for honesty, fairness, integrity and innovation.
- TEAM COORDINATION: Keep working to achieve closer alignment and coordination between team members across the organization. Also ensure effective teamwork between the Growth Marketing Team and other company teams.
- HIRING & RETENTION: They will be responsible for developing a comprehensive talent management process that attracts, onboards, mentors and retains the best talent to reach the growth goals for the company.
- REPORTING AND MEASUREMENT: Provide ongoing reporting to keep the Senior Leadership Team aware of progress of the Growth Marketing Team.
- BUDGETING & COST CONTROL: Develop and manage an annual budget for the Growth Marketing Team, tracking costs (at least quarterly) vs. budget, and stewarding company resources responsibly to stay within budget, including by sometimes reallocating investments during the year to respond to new opportunities.
- COMPANY LEADERSHIP: Contribute actively to help formulate and execute key company strategies, including helping to strengthen and re-engineer company-wide processes, and to keep scaling our business successfully.
- ENGAGEMENT VELOCITY: Increasing engagement across online channels is a leading indicator of audience interest and receptivity to your marketing content. A higher engagement velocity suggests a growing and responsive audience.
- Website Traffic Growth Rate
- Social Media Engagement Rate
- Email Open and Click-Through Rates
- CONVERSION MOMENTUM: Monitoring the conversion momentum provides insights into the effectiveness of your strategies in turning leads into qualified opportunities. A positive trend in conversion rates indicates strong marketing performance.
- Conversion Rate by Channel
- MQL to SQL Conversion Rate
- Event and Webinar Registration Growth
- BRAND IMPACT AND PERCEPTION: Assessing brand impact and perception helps gauge the success of brand-building initiatives. Positive trends in these leading indicators suggest that your marketing efforts are resonating with the target audience.
- Brand Mentions and Sentiment
- Brand Recognition Growth
- Social Media Follower Growth Rate
The ideal candidate must be rooted in process and deep operational work while maintaining the ability to lead and inspire the team.
They will have:
- Previous B2B marketing experience within a SaaS environment targeting charity and not for profit clients.
- Understanding of nonprofit fundraising, advocacy and marketing needs and the relevant KPIs. .
- Experience using Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Experience building out a scalable demand generation function that drives predictable pipeline activity.
- Demonstrated analytical experience, specifically around program measurement and ROI and program execution skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to be comfortable making complex decisions with limited information and owning the results of these decisions.
- Management experience of small marketing teams and experience managing agencies and contractors.
- Resilience, drive and adaptability to thrive in a small team.
Compensation is between $100,000 – $130,000 based on experience and proven abilities.
Engaging Networks provides to its employees an ample health, dental and vision plan, as well as paid vacation, paid sick days, paid parental leave and other employee benefits that vary somewhat according to whether you’re located in the USA, Canada, the UK or elsewhere.
In the USA, benefits include a 401-K plan, short- and long-term disability insurance, and a health savings (flexible spending) account. Team members worldwide benefit from an employer matching charitable gift program, and are invited to take one extra paid vacation day each year to engage in a volunteer activity.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants, and value diversity among our team members.
To apply, please send a resume/CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Growth Marketing Director” Please include a statement describing why your specific abilities and professional experience make you an especially good fit for this opportunity.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept resumes from agencies and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Closing Date for applications: 21st February 2024
First round interviews to take place: 27th February and 1st March 2024