Engaging Networks is a rapidly growing, global technology company with headquarters in Washington, DC and London, as well as remote employees worldwide. Our team members are passionate about what we’re achieving as a company, and even more so about what we’re helping our nearly 500 nonprofit clients achieve using our constantly improving technology. We offer a fun and energetic work environment that is entirely focused on helping our clients and their missions succeed.
Many of the world’s most recognized charities have chosen the Engaging Networks digital technology platform to power their online fundraising, advocacy campaigning, digital marketing, peer-to-peer fundraising, events, membership, e-commerce and data management.
These inspiring organizations include PETA, Human Rights Campaign, Amnesty International, The Nature Conservancy, Oceana, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society of the United States, National Wildlife Federation, World Wildlife Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, Greenpeace (across many countries), Oxfam, International Medical Corps, National Geographic Society, Friends of the Earth, Disabled American Veterans, Cancer Research UK, the UK Labour Party, Canadian Red Cross and Unicef Canada, just to name a few.
We are seeking an experienced Growth Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Conversion Rate Optimization, planning, testing and implementing marketing activities that convert leads within our marketing funnel.
In this role, you will optimize communications and interactions with the goal of improving our conversions and platform adoption by mid to large nonprofit organizations.
You will be working closely with our Growth Team and should be passionate about digital marketing, have a firm grasp of key concepts and skills, such as A/B testing, email marketing, marketing automation, and web analytics (Hubspot, Plausible, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience in a marketing conversion or digital marketing role.
- Experience using tools such a SEM Rush, Plausible, Salesforce and Hubspot.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Webflow and A/B testing tools.
- Knowledge of all aspects of conversion enhancement, including copywriting, UX, and web analytics.
- A focus on customer centricity putting the customer at the heart of decision making.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail with a goal-oriented mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in marketing, mathematics, statistics or related fields is preferred.
The Growth Specialist will report directly to the Growth Operations Director and will work closely with other members of our Growth Team.
- Manage key conversion points in the marketing funnel: You will be responsible for identifying the key stages in our marketing funnel and managing the conversion points at each stage. This will involve analyzing user behavior, identifying pain points, and proposing solutions to improve conversion rates.
- Propose and manage testing strategies: You will propose and manage testing strategies to optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms. This will involve developing hypotheses, designing experiments, and analyzing the results to identify the most effective strategies to improve user engagement, reduce bounce rates, and increase conversion rates.
- Nurture accounts identified as part of our Account Based Marketing approach: You will collaborate with our Business Development Directors to develop and implement strategies to engage target accounts and drive conversions. This requires a deep understanding of the target accounts and the ability to develop content and messaging that speaks directly to their needs and challenges.
- Collaborate with the Growth Team and external contractors: You will work closely with our Growth Operations Director, Content Strategist and Business Development Directors, alongside the external contractors who help manage our website to optimize each conversion path. This will involve collaborating on design, copy, and development initiatives to improve user experience and drive conversions.
- Monitor key metrics and results: You will be responsible for monitoring key metrics and maintaining conversion rates. You will be responsible for explaining indicators and performance to the wider Growth Team in a clear and concise manner. This will involve presenting data and insights, making recommendations, and answering questions.
- Take a strategic view: You will participate in strategic planning sessions relating to the launch of new and expansion of existing product features. This will involve providing input on the user experience, identifying potential barriers to adoption, and proposing solutions to improve user engagement and drive conversions.
- Ensure content is optimized for conversion: You will be responsible for ensuring that all marketing content follows conversion-related best practices and establishes Engaging Networks as thought leaders and trusted advisors. This will involve reviewing marketing content, providing feedback, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Utilize our Social Media presence: You will use social media as a platform for engaging with potential clients, nurturing leads and establishing thought leadership. This will include content creation, social listening and analytics.
- Other sales and marketing related duties that may arise.
Compensation starts at $65,000 and may be higher based on location, experience and proven abilities. There is also a bonus that is payable should the entire team meet the revenue target for the year.
Engaging Networks provides to its employees an ample health, dental and vision plan, as well as paid vacation, paid sick days, paid parental leave and other employee benefits that vary somewhat according to whether you’re located in the USA or Canada.
In the USA, benefits include a 401-K plan, short- and long-term disability insurance, and a health savings (flexible spending) account. Team members worldwide benefit from an employer matching charitable gift program, and are invited to take one extra paid vacation day each year to engage in a volunteer activity of their choosing.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants, and value diversity among our team members.
To apply, please send a resume/CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Growth Specialist” Please include a statement describing why your specific abilities and professional experience make you an especially good fit for this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 17th March 2023
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible