We are seeking an experienced Director of Business Development to join our team, based in North America. Strong preference for candidates located within the Eastern time zone of the United States, but we will consider exceptional candidates from outside of that time zone as long as they are based somewhere in Canada or the United States.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving sales activities with enterprise and mid-sized charities, as well as socially responsible brands (For example, one of our clients is Ben & Jerry’s.).
Building on our reputation for powerful, flexible technology and exceptional technical support, the Director of Business Development will help take our sales to the next level.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization as a senior fundraiser.
- A minimum of five years of experience in business development and/or sales within the nonprofit sector.
- A proven record, particularly with enterprise level organizations, of bringing a strategic approach to introducing our valuable tools to nonprofits.
- A solid understanding of how nonprofits use digital technology to engage in targeted, personalized ways with their donors and supporters.
- Strong networking skills, and a pre-existing network of contacts within the nonprofit sector.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and a solid understanding of pipeline management.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience using the Engaging Networks platform is a bonus.
Engaging Networks is a rapidly growing, global technology company with headquarters in Washington, DC and London, as well as remote employees worldwide. Our team members are passionate about what we’re achieving as a company, and even more so about what we’re helping our nearly 500 nonprofit clients achieve using our constantly improving technology. We offer a fun and energetic work environment that is entirely focused on helping our clients and their missions succeed.
Many of the world’s most recognized charities have chosen the Engaging Networks digital technology platform to power their online fundraising, advocacy campaigning, digital marketing, peer-to-peer fundraising, events, membership, e-commerce and data management.
These inspiring organizations include PETA, Human Rights Campaign, Amnesty International, The Nature Conservancy, Oceana, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society of the United States, National Wildlife Federation, World Wildlife Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, Greenpeace (across many countries), Oxfam, International Medical Corps, National Geographic Society, Friends of the Earth, Disabled American Veterans, Cancer Research UK, the UK Labour Party, Canadian Red Cross and Unicef Canada, just to name a few.
The Director of Business Development will report directly to the Vice President of Growth & Revenue and will work closely with other members of our Growth Team. Responsibilities include:
- Develop an understanding of the Ideal Client Profile, focusing on the characteristics, needs, and pain points of potential clients.
- Prospect creatively and energetically for new clients using email, telephone, and other means, including face-to-face networking. Proactively seek out and identify new sales opportunities.
- Develop Account-Based Marketing plans to target key accounts and deepen our penetration of key nonprofit sector verticals.
- Respond quickly and professionally to inbound leads using a consultative approach to diagnose a prospect’s needs and tailor effective solutions from our toolset.
- Manage the RFP process and serve as the primary co-author of our response, working together with our Principal Solutions Architect.
- Schedule and coordinate product demos with prospective clients, and eventually develop the ability to provide very basic demos on your own.
- Build strong relationships with agency and technology partners, working with our Director of Partnerships to create mutual opportunities and increase the flow of inbound referrals.
- Raise the profile of Engaging Networks to clients and prospects by participating in nonprofit sector events, such as conferences, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Capture and help interpret client and agency feedback for our Product Development team, to help Engaging Networks continuously improve our toolset.
- Help the Vice President of Growth & Revenue to set ambitious but realistic sales quotas – and then meet or exceed them, meeting annual growth targets.
- Ensure all data is recorded to our sales database in order to provide timely sales forecasts and status reports.
- Actively participate in our weekly pipeline reviews, monthly one-on-one meetings and quarterly sales reviews.
- Maintain a feedback loop with the Growth Operations Director to optimize lead generation campaigns and identify opportunities for pipeline acceleration and sales conversions.
- Continually educate yourself about digital fundraising and advocacy best practices in the nonprofit sector, and about our constantly improving technology.
- Travel as needed in North America. This will be about 30 days per year and will include prospect visits, conferences and team events and activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global teams.
This is a quota carrying role and compensation starts at $95,000 and may be higher based on location, experience and proven abilities. There is also sales commission-based income meaning there is effectively no upper limit on potential compensation.
Engaging Networks provides to its employees an ample health, dental and vision plan, as well as paid vacation, paid sick days, paid parental leave and other employee benefits that vary somewhat according to whether you’re located in the USA or Canada.
In the USA, benefits include a 401-K plan, short- and long-term disability insurance, and a health savings (flexible spending) account. Team members worldwide benefit from an employer matching charitable gift program, and are invited to take one extra paid vacation day each year to engage in a volunteer activity of their choosing.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants, and value diversity among our team members.
To apply, please send a resume/CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Business Development Director – North America” Please include a statement describing why your specific abilities and professional experience make you an especially good fit for this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 5th February 2023
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.