We’re looking for a Content Strategist to help us communicate the features and benefits of the Engaging Networks platform.
You’ll be an enthusiastic, experienced individual with strong content planning and development skills, who will excel within a team environment and have the voice of the customer at the heart of the content decisions they make.
You’ll ensure consistency and quality of our content across different channels, you’ll interview our clients and partners and write and edit in many mediums from white papers to blog posts.
You’ll be a confident, collaborative, creative and innovative individual who can be relied upon to operate effectively, be an adept stakeholder manager, and demonstrate initiative, remaining focused and calm when juggling multiple priorities.
The ideal candidate is a creative storyteller with a strong grasp of the marketing landscape with a background or experience in nonprofits or nonprofit technologies.
This position reports directly to the Growth Operations Director and requires extensive collaboration with cross functional and global teams.
The preferred location for this role is within the Eastern time zone of the United States, but we will consider strong candidates from outside of that time zone.
The Content Strategist will do all of the following:
- Based on the overall Growth Team plan, produce a regular cadence of original content including but not limited to – case studies, social media posts, newsletters, blog entries, white papers, press releases, presentations, infographics, web copy, etc.
- Regularly review existing content to ensure it’s meeting a particular goal, ensuring out of date or trivial content is archived and that content is constantly refreshed based on our product innovations and evolving buyer needs.
- Commission, manage, and supervise content production by Engaging Networks’ Accredited Partners, integration partners and external suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a Communications Framework consisting of tone of voice guidelines, brand messaging architecture and an image library. Providing training and support across the organization on how the Communications Framework should be applied.
- Perform competitive and analyst research of content strategy trends. Remain current on content strategy innovations, best practices, tools, and techniques.
Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London, as well as remote employees worldwide.
Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 450+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology.
We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced consistently strong growth in our business of 25% or more each year, for many years.
Many of the world’s most recognized charities have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated platform to power their online fundraising, advocacy campaigning, digital marketing, peer-to-peer fundraising, events, membership, e-commerce and data management.
These inspiring organizations include PETA, Human Rights Campaign, Amnesty International, The Nature Conservancy, Oceana, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society of the United States, National Wildlife Federation, World Wildlife Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, Greenpeace (across many countries), Oxfam, International Medical Corps, National Geographic Society, Friends of the Earth, Disabled American Veterans, Cancer Research UK, the UK Labour Party, Canadian Red Cross and Unicef Canada, just to name a few.
The ideal candidate must be able to generate great content for our key audiences, which include North America and the United Kingdom. This goes beyond vocabulary and spelling differences, and will require an interest in understanding how best to communicate in culturally sensitive ways about Engaging Networks across different markets.
They will have:
- Excellence in copywriting, with the ability to draft clear, concise, and compelling copy for all marketing materials.
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years of proven experience in developing best-in-class content.
- Experience developing branded content strategies with the ability to manage the lifecycle for digital content.
- A creative eye: the ability to curate visually appealing content and assets.
- Good at producing new ideas and out of the box thinking.
- Good understanding of SEO principles for writing online copy.
- Must be detail-oriented, solutions-focused, and able to multi-task with solid organizational and time-management skills.
Compensation starts at $50,000 and may be higher based on location, experience and proven abilities.
Engaging Networks provides to its employees an ample health, dental and vision plan, as well as paid vacation, paid sick days, paid parental leave and other employee benefits that vary somewhat according to whether you’re located in the USA, Canada, the UK or elsewhere.
In the USA, benefits include a 401-K plan, short- and long-term disability insurance, and a health savings (flexible spending) account. Team members worldwide benefit from an employer matching charitable gift program, and are invited to take one extra paid vacation day each year to engage in a volunteer activity.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Engaging Networks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants, and value diversity among our team members.
To apply, please send a resume/CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Content Strategist” Please include a statement describing why your specific abilities and professional experience make you an especially good fit for this opportunity.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.