Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London.
Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology.
We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced consistently strong growth in our business of 25% or more each year, for many years.
Many of the world’s most recognized charities have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their online fundraising, advocacy campaigning, digital marketing, peer-to-peer fundraising, events, membership and overall data management.
These inspiring organizations include Human Rights Campaign, Amnesty International, The Nature Conservancy, PETA, Oceana, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society of the United States, National Wildlife Federation, Oxfam, Big Brothers Big Sisters America, Greenpeace (in many countries), National Geographic Society, Rainforest Action Network, Friends of the Earth, American University, Cancer Research UK, the UK Labour Party, Canadian Red Cross and UNICEF Canada, just to name a few.
We are looking for an up-and-coming Sales Development Representative (“Business Development Associate”) to join our Sales and Marketing team serving the U.S. and Canadian market. You ideally are located in the Washington, DC, San Francisco or Denver areas, but we will strongly consider any good candidate from outside those areas, too. During the pandemic, we have allowed our team members total flexibility to work from home, and many team members have always worked remotely.
For this new role, we are looking for a proactive self-starter who can help us achieve our ambitious goals through:
- Strategic prospecting sourcing data and using target lists to book demos for our business development directors
- Outreach through community forums to build awareness of Engaging Networks
- Producing and maintaining useful documents such as competitor analyses, proposal templates, and presentation decks
- Managing sales communications through email and social channels
- Sales administration ensuring that all new client data is accurately entered into Salesforce ahead of the handoff to the Account Success Team
In time we expect your responsibilities will expand, with the goal of managing your own pipeline of opportunities. You will be given training on the Engaging Networks platform and the charity landscape, to build and grow your business development career. Additionally, you will have the full support of our highly experienced Business Development Directors and Sales Engineers, and considerable interaction with our Marketing team.
The Business Development Associate will do all of the following:
- Collaborate with the Business Development Directors to identify and target prospects (using an Account Based Marketing approach) who would benefit from the Engaging Networks platform
- Research and build new and existing prospect account lists (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails, and booking appointments) and maintain the data hygiene of all prospect information using Salesforce
- Proactively create and manage outreach through email, LinkedIn and by phone to generate discovery calls and demos for our Business Development Directors
- Share marketing and sales enablement materials (e.g. case studies, e-books, webinars) with relevant prospects, including via online forums.
- Build relationships with key contacts within the target accounts; follow up through emails/Linkedin; qualify potential opportunities and nurture them
- Use your consultative skills to build relationships and explore a prospect’s needs and pain points in their current situation
- Conduct successful hand-offs to Business Development Directors to ensure that they will have all of the information needed to continue the conversation
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge by identifying opportunities to learn, including by reading, building and maintaining personal networks and attending occasional events
- Keep up to date with trends among competitors
- Other sales related duties that may arise
The ideal candidate must be organized and self-motivated with a genuine desire to hold a consultative selling role working with charities and nonprofits.
They will have:
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to always be learning and coached
- A desire to be part of a team that meets or exceeds its targets
- Strong research skills and attention to detail
- Proven resilience
- An outgoing personality with strong communication skills
- Demonstrable interest and involvement in the charity sector
Compensation includes a base salary of $48K to $58K, depending on experience, as well as a generous employee benefits package that includes health/dental/vision, employer 401-K contributions, short- and long-term disability insurance, a health savings (flexible spending) account, an employer matching charitable gift program, and four weeks (later growing to five weeks) of paid vacation, in addition to paid sick days, and 12 weeks of paid parental leave. Employees also are allowed to take an extra paid vacation day to engage in a volunteer activity.
Engaging Networks welcomes diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, veteran status or disability. We strive in our hiring practices to give equal opportunity to all qualified job applicants.
Please email your resume, and a message that specifically addresses why you are right for this opportunity, to [email protected]. Please specify “Business Development Associate” in the subject line.