Welcome and About the Event
Welcome! We’re so glad that you’re joining us as a speaker for ENCC-X 2021.
Here, you will find everything you need to know about speaking at our digital conference.
We are updating this page as we confirm speakers and release our Speaker Briefing information.
The event will run for two and a half days from 25-27 May 2021.
Tuesday 25 May 2021 – half-day, 2pm-5pm BST (9am-12pm EDT)
Wednesday 26 May 2021, 10am-5pm BST (5am-12pm EDT)
Thursday 27 May 2021 10am-5pm BST (5am-12pm EDT)
We will email you to confirm the time and date of your session. We are also continuing to update the full schedule here:
Speaker Briefing & Event Rehearsal
We will be inviting you all to attend a Speaker Event Rehearsal on Wednesday 19th May. We will contact you directly with details.
It’s not mandatory to join this but will be useful if you’d like to get a flavour of the event and to ask us any questions!
You will also receive a Speaker Briefing Pack by email towards the end of April. This will contain everything you need to know to join the event as a speaker and will list some basic technical requirements.
How to join the event
It is very simple and straightforward to join the event as a speaker. You will be sent the correct links and joining instructions along with your Speaker Briefing Pack at the end of April.
However, the basics are:
- As with our U.S. ENCC-X last October, we are hosting the event on the platform Hopin. You will be sent a link to join Hopin and to register yourself as a speaker on the platform.
- This year, we are improving the production quality and visuals of the event by streaming the event to Hopin via Zoom. This means we can add branding, other visuals and smoother transitions. We handle all of this at our end!
- This means that you will use both Zoom and Hopin to participate in the event as a speaker. You will deliver your presentation via a Zoom link (which will also be sent to you nearer the time) and will then return to Hopin to attend your post-session Q&A.
- We will be advising you to use 2 monitors (1 to present in Zoom, and the other to view Hopin) but this isn’t mandatory.
- When you join the event in both Zoom and Hopin you will be met by a member of our team who will help you to test your audio/video, answer any questions and send you live at the right time.
All information will be sent alongside your Speaker Briefing Pack at the end of April.
Here are your fellow speakers! We are updating this page as we continue to confirm speakers.
Inclusion & Diversity
Can you help us to cultivate speaker diversity?
This year, we are starting to build more formalised Inclusion & Diversity aims for ENCC-X.
We are making practical steps towards a more accessible and inclusive event. We are also working to diversify our programme across areas of gender, race, age, disability, neurodivergence, class and education.
You can help us to cultivate speaker diversity! By putting forward colleagues who are traditionally underrepresented in conference programmes. Can you nominate a colleague, who does not look or sound like you, either to join you as a co-presenter or to deliver their own session?
We encourage you to lift up colleagues at differing career levels; people of colour; women, non-binary and transgender people; those with disability or neurodivergence; and people of different ages. It is great for our community to hear how our platform is used by all members of the team.
If you would like to know more about this then DICE (Diversity & Inclusion at Conference and Events) is a useful starting point.
We have limited space in our programme but work to accommodate requests. Please contact us directly.
Code of Conduct
Please read our Code of Conduct for ENCC-X. We are dedicated to creating a friendly, welcoming, inclusive and safe space for all to collaboratively explore ideas and learn from others. We ask that all speakers, sponsors staff and attendees read and adhere to this.
- Product workshops on our new Extensions, existing technology such as the REST API, custom databases, events, email delivery and spam, plus news on a new Peer-to-Peer module and page templates
- Case studies from Which?, UNISON, The Children’s Society, Unlock Democracy, C6 Digital, 4site and Care2 plus many more to be confirmed
- Panel debates
- Interactive and fun sessions too, including meditation and quizzes